The Magic Roundabout (Carousel)
Not trying to show my age, but The Magic Roundabout was one of our favourite children’s tv shows. Many hours were spent in front of the television watching this programme.
The Magic Roundabout TV Show Facts
Ever wonder what your parents watched when they were younger? Have you seen the movie Doogal? Well, that’s what your parents probably watched (the TV show), especially if they’re from England! It was a cartoon that would come on just before the news and was an absolute hit in the ’60s and ’70s.
The Magic Roundabout – Main Characters
- Brian – This snail has been known to lose his temper. He agrees to everything that Dougal says so he’s obviously not the leader of the group.
- Dougal – Dougal’s the shaggy dog who’s addicted to sugar. He’s known to be sarcastic and sometimes rude, but of course, everybody’s got a soft side! He is of course the leader of the pack and he believes everything revolves around him.
- Dylan – Now every show has to have an oddball. Dylan, the spacey rabbit, is the hippie of the group. You’ll usually find him sleeping or playing his guitar.
- Ermintrude – The pink cow is the only other character to steal the show. She has a crush on Dougal, which is pretty obvious.
- Florence – Florence is a real girl, not an animal. She is caring, loving and really sweet. That’s why she always worries about Dougal.
- Zebedee – He’s the jack in the box who announces his arrival with a ‘boing’. He’s the reason the magic returned to the roundabout. Zebedee brought all the children to play there and he’s the one who makes everything right when it goes wrong. Every episode ends with Zebedee saying, “Time for bed“.
- Mr. Rusty – The operator of the roundabout.
Read more HERE
Print out this fun carousel colouring page for your kids
Click link below
Idea for this post from HERE